What a week! It’s been jam-packed filled with awesomeness!
I’m being unconventional with my Friday Fave Five today because I’m fifty-three years old and I just dang well feel like it!
1. Early this week it was warm, dare I say hot, and Gerry and I were able to enjoy patio time after work. There’s nothing like patio time to help me put the workday behind me and settle in to inhabitation.
2. I came across something that’s all over the blogosphere this week. Angela and Becca at The Bookshelf Muse have started a Random Acts of Kindness Blitz. The concept is simple: share your appreciation with those who have helped or supported you along your writing path. I’m blitzing my sweet friend Kim Michele Richardson, author of the powerful memoir, The Unbreakable Child. Kim has a heart of gold and I’ve appreciated our conversations about writing, books, publishers, and just stuff. Huge hugs, Kimmi!
3. I love this post I came across on Annette Gendler’s blog. She’s been doing a color list series where she challenges readers to evoke a color in their writing without mentioning the color by name. This week the color was beige. Think about it. What words would you use to evoke a shade of beige?
4. Michael Hyatt reminded me that sometimes the best thing we can do is to step back and let what is going to happen, happen. Do you ever find yourself tied up in knots trying to force something? I sure do. The words of Michael’s father “Son, don’t force it” resonated with me this week.
5. The big excitement around the Hoye house this week was receiving the box of promo copies of Two Hearts on Tuesday and in honor of that event I’m giving away a copy to one of the readers who left a comment on my Tuesday post.
Using the scientific method of writing everyone’s name on a small piece of paper, closing my eyes, mixing them all up, and choosing one from the pile I selected a winner this morning!
So, (drum roll please), the winner of a signed advance copy of Two Hearts: An Adoptee’s Journey Through Grief to Gratitude is Becky Lane!