“The snow doesn’t give a soft white damn whom it touches.”
~ E.E. Cummings
Yesterday I snapped a couple of photos of the flowers that are still blooming in our yard; this morning we woke to a winter wonderland. It’s still snowing. I don’t know if it will last but, according to the weather prognosticators, we’re in for a cold snap next week. It seems winter is finally showing up.
A few years ago, along with many other bloggers, I used to post a list on Friday of favourite things from the week. Thought I might do that again so here’s this week’s Friday Fave Five list.
- A visit to the Rogers Bulk Food store. I have no idea how I missed the fact that there was a Rogers flour mill nearby that’s been milling flour and grains for 60 years but I did. Anyway, take a peek at the company overview and you’ll understand why we’ll be regulars from now on.
- A return to sunshine and light however brief.
- Figuring out how to connect my phone with our Samsung soundbar via Bluetooth so I could listen to my next favourite thing.
- Steve Bell’s seasonal album, The Feast of Seasons.
- Chickpea ratatouille. I could eat this stuff almost every day.
Today: a bit of shopping and coffee with my bestie. Oh, and decking the halls here at home.
Do you have a recipe for the ratatouille? I’ve seen it done so many ways.
Karen, yes. I had a link in the post but it isn’t clear that it’s a link. Here’s the simple recipe I use. https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/oven-baked-chickpea-ratatouille/