Well, we’re packed and organized and ready to leave for our Thanksgiving trip. We’re both fortunate enough to be able to leave work early so we can get a head start on our journey to visit our children, grandchild, and soon-to-be-born grandchild.
We are blessed and there is much to be thankful for. I couldn’t begin to list all the things that I have to be thankful for this year, so here is just a short list:
- I’m thankful to have an opportunity to visit with my friend Wanda one last time before winter prevents travel
- I’m thankful for our beautiful baby grandson Jaxon
- I’m thankful for my daughter’s health, and for her miracle baby soon to be born
- I’m thankful for the opportunity to do fulfilling work
- I’m thankful for my husband who blesses me every day whether he intends to or not
- I’m thankful for our church that made us feel welcome the first time we walked through the doors
- I’m so thankful to have an opportunity to visit with our family this Thanksgiving. We are blessed by these amazing people who once were our children, and by those with whom they have chosen to spend their lives. We could not ask for a daughter-in-love or a son-in-love whom we would love more. We relish role of “grandparent” and look forward to getting to know these newest members of our family as they grow and change.
God has been good to us this year!