It’s February 29th today. Leap Day as some are calling it. It’s been just another day for me.
And then I saw a post on a beautiful and inspiring blog I’ve started following called Keeping With the Times where blog author, Barb, posted a list of 29 moments worth celebrating about this day. She had a great list and, at the end, challenged readers to come up with their own list of celebratory moments. That seemed like a great idea to me and so here’s my list.
- Coffee in bed delivered by my loving hubby.
- A hot shower with my homemade soap.
- Tomato and pepper seeds planted and on the heating mat.
- Dirt under my fingernails from said planting activity. 🙂
- Beating hubby at a game of Qwirkle at lunch time.
- Homemade soup for lunch.
- Fresh baked bread making the house smell so delicious.
- The tinkling of my wind chimes that hubby hung on the deck.
- Crocuses in my garden–more every day.
- It was house cleaning day. I’m thankful for the opportunity to stay home and tend my own home.
- Hubby’s assistance in the way of vacuuming and the dreaded toilet cleaning. He’s a keeper. 🙂
- A chat with my granddaughter.
- Walking barefoot out to the deer proof garden to see if the spinach was up yet. It wasn’t, but I enjoyed barefooting on the grass anyway.
- The finch feeder that hubby hung up today.
- The smell of supper cooking–meatless meatballs. 🙂
- Green beans from last year’s garden for supper.
- A day spent at home.
- Catching up on some things in my office.
- A plan for next steps for our bathroom update project. (Ugh. But it’s good to have a plan at least.)
- A glass of cold Chardonnay before supper.
- A day that was warm enough to leave the front door open. Bliss.
- The sound of birds singing.
- A clean car–outside and inside.
- Black Spruce essential oil.
- A little girl’s voice answering the phone when I called to make an appointment with a local business and the laughing apologies from her mommy when she took the phone from her.
- Hanging laundry on the rack outside.
- It’s the last day of Foraging February and I’m declaring it to be a success!
- The gifts of gratitude for the day that was and anticipation for the day ahead.
I hope your day has been equally celebratory! This was a good exercise for me to do. I encourage you to take on the challenge of compiling your own list of moments worth celebrating on this leap day–or any day.
I love this so much especially the shower of homemade soup ?How many times have I done that .
My hubby was working in the midlands yesterday so it was just me and Oscar ( my King Charles ) for company .
Really relaxing yoga session
Warm cosy house to come back to
Rick Stein on the telly.
Roaring fire .
Glass or two of red.
Lots of cuddles from Oscar.
A really good night ‘s sleep
Excellent list, Cherry! I’m curious about what chip butty is?!
I try to write in my gratitude book every day. Today it was being thankful for my daughter’s unexpected visit yesterday. We shared a fish dinner together, a bonus!
Cherry often visits my blog. It’s great to see her comment here. 😉
Sounds like a wonderful unexpected blessing, Marian!
I do so enjoy the community of bloggers. Isn’t it great how like minded people from all over the world can come together?
Hey ! Great to see yours too Marian …just of to check out yours??
?? bless me being English …I think you call chips , fries, so it’s fries on bread and butter so it goes all melty and gorgeous …tee hee
Ha! Fries on bread and butter . . that sounds oddly delicious!
This is a wonderful list, Linda. And I looked at Barb’s too (subscribed while I was over there). There are so many things to be grateful for, and not just on Leap Day. Susannah Friis is doing a grateful post every day this year. And she’s coming up with some awesome stuff.
I’m glad you subscribed to Barb’s blog, Karen. She has some beautiful beautiful images over there. I must check out Susannah Friis . . .
I think you would like Susannah. I think she’s awesome.
I just subscribed to her blog. Thanks, Karen!