I started writing a long and serious post about the ever-changing publishing landscape.
It’s enough to make your head swim and I decided I didn’t want to do that to you all on this beautiful Sunday afternoon, so I decided just to tell you what I’ve been up to this weekend on the writing front while hubby was out of town.
- Set up a web page at Publishers Marketplace (check it out!)
- Signed up at QueryTracker
- Finished (well, about 95%) my book proposal.
- Started working on a query letter.
- Started reaching out to some kind folks with an overview of my book to see if they would agree to read my manuscript for possible endorsement.
- Author and adoption educator Nancy Verrier said “I like what you wrote and think the book will be very helpful to other adoptees and to the general public, which have no idea what it is like to be an adoptee in the closed system.” (I’m over the moon about this!)
- Had a good conversation with my friend Kim Michele Richardson, author of The Unbreakable Child, yesterday. She gave me lots to think about. (Thanks Kim!)
As you can see, it’s been a productive weekend!
And I’m exhausted. I’m heading to my favorite chair with a good book to wait for Gerry to come home.
What about you? How has your weekend been?