The pieces of jewelery I wear on a daily basis are to me than just pretty baubles.
- My diamond earrings were given to me by my husband and have a tiny maple leaf on the back. They are Canadian like me!
- I wear a diamond solitaire on my right hand that belonged to my mother.
- On my left hand I wear a simple wedding ring, and engagement ring, and an anniversary band that Gerry bought me for our tenth wedding anniversary.
- Around my neck I most often wear a chain that holds two gold hearts: one belonged to my birth mom and the other to my adoptive mom.
This year for Christmas Gerry gave me a Charmed Memories bracelet that bears even more symbolism. Let me explain.
- The dangling pearl charm is the birthstone of my grandson, Jaxon.
- The dangling garnet charm is the birthstone of my granddaughter, Makiya.
- The ladybug is for Makiya, she’s the Ladybug Girl.
- The open hearts angel charm designed by Jane Seymour represents everyone who has touched my heart; those who have gone on and those who remain.
- The blue crystal charms are just because I love the color!
I love the idea of this charm bracelet that is reminiscent of the charm bracelet I had as a young woman and I look forward to making many more memories in my life that I can be reminded of by simple charms worn on a bracelet.
Does the jewelery you wear represent something special to you too?