Today I saw two things that brought fear into my heart.
This morning when I came out of Starbucks I saw four Canada geese flying in what looked to me like a southerly direction.
This afternoon when I turned into our community I saw yellow leaves on the ground in the children’s play area.
Now I know it’s only the beginning of August, and I am a bit directionally challenged so the geese could really have been flying in any direction, and it was a bit breezy this afternoon so the leaves were probably just dead leaves that had fallen in the wind. It did make me think about the dreaded fall and winter though.
No….I’m not ready for summer to end!! I am enjoying the warm (not HOT like back in Kamloops!) weather so much. It’s such a treat to go and sit outside after a long day’s work and enjoy the sunshine. My body was CRAVING the sunshine after the long, dark, and wet winter. But….alas….summer will end one day. Hopefully not too soon though.
So it got me thinking about what is there to look forward to about fall and winter. Here are a few things I came up with.
1. In January…my baby will be having a baby!
2. I will spend more time in my sewing room
3. Sipping a latte in Starbucks when the rain is falling outside
4. We will eat more comfort food like soups and stews and turkey
5. More inside time = more reading time
6. We will take Maya to doggy school
7. Shopping for new fall clothes
8. The beach in Mexico
9. A new season of Survivor
10. Winter storms
11. No snow….no arctic winds….just rain…rain…and more rain
12. And finally…the anticipation of seeing spring come upon us once more!
Okay, that’s a start. Those things will be wonderful in their time. But please….not too soon!!
Thanks for sharing Linda. Your blogging is interesting and sincere. I’m really enjoying it! Keep it up!
This posting makes me look forward to fall and winter, even though, I love summer. I saw that you are looking forward to the next season of Survivor…me, too!!!! Thanks for the nice email message. Please stop by often. I’m adding your blog to my blog list. Blessings, Barbara