I’ve got to confess that I’ve been feeling down in the dumps lately. Today, I’m going to battle that blah feeling with gratitude, which is one of the best blah-busters that there is.
So……today I am thankful for:
- Despite many staff cuts, pay freezes, no more 401(k) match, more work, fewer people, I am very thankful for my job and ever-so-optimistic that Gerry and I are still on our five-year-plan.
- My new Himalayan blue poppies. I can’t wait to see those babies bloom!
- The crack in my windshield. When we went to visit the kids in November our windshield got a huge crack in it, which we repaired when we returned home. Well, during our last trip in March….guess what….another huge crack and multiple dings! We haven’t repaired it yet, and so every time I drive I am reminded of our last visit.
- The community of writers and bloggers that I have been acquainted with. I have, and will continue to, learn much from you all!
- My husband, who showed up at my office yesterday with flowers for me! It’s our wedding anniversary tomorrow!
- My dental appointment this morning. I will come out of there with bad hair, and that odd dentist-face that seems to happen, but I’m thankful that I have a dentist (and all the staff) who takes such good care of us and who are all so much fun to visit a couple times a year.
- My writing class this afternoon.
I feel better all ready! What are y’all thankful for today?
I’m sorry that you are feeling down in the dumps, but I’ll admit that I’ve been right there with ya. Gratitude can indeed be a good cure for such times. I am thankful that it’s only a few more weeks before my husband is supposed to come home. I’m thankful that I have our two puppies to keep me company. I’m thankful for the plants that I have that bring such beauty to the world. I’m thankful just to be around another day! Hope that you’ll get to feeling better soon!
I hope your day goes well for you! *hugs* And Happy Anny!
Today I’m thankful for warm and comfortable shelter, the ability to stay home with my kids AND write, and fun evenings out with a big family.
I join you in the blahs! I have had a respiratory problem for two weeks and feel rotten. This morning I called for a doctor’s appointment and they said if I could be there in 20minutes, they could see me right away. I am thankful that I have such an accessible doctor–and now the medications that will help me get over this jumk!
What a great list!
I’m thankful for SO many things – my awesome family, my job, my daughter, the gorgeous weather, my church, my friends!
You have a great list! I keep my blessing sheet on my fridge to remind me everyday despite the sad days. I’m grateful today for the haircut I got with a gift certificate for editing a friend’s book! I’m grateful I could buy some groceries today and saved $21!
I’m thankful I got my old doctor back that he takes our new insurance!
Great list! I’m thankful for the E-Circle…it’s keeping my writing a little more on track. I’m thankful Graham is doing a bit better, and that Kai had a great Doctor’s visit. I’m also thankful my parents will be visiting this weekend. Last, I’m glad the weather is still trying to improve…boy it’s been a long wintery spring!! Have a good weekend!
Linda, it’s so true. After doing our Year of Gratitude (YOG) blog, I know the power of choosing to be grateful and joyful despite the poop storms. 🙂
I am grateful for my family (including the furry ones), my friends and for being alive every day to enjoy them