Today was chaotic as it was moving day at my office. I camped out in various conference rooms this morning while my things were being moved and my new office was being ergonomically configured according to my unique needs, and around noon I was finally able to start unpacking.
Yesterday, I started Amber Starfire’s challenge to write down five things I am grateful for every day in December and I found it interesting today that while I was hot, thirsty, tired, and hungry, I found myself thinking about little things to be thankful for. I can understand how creating a habit of consciously looking for things to be grateful for has the potential to change one’s overall outlook on life.
Today, I am thankful:
- for my husband, who is bring home dinner.
- that moving into a smaller office prompted me to dispose of junk that I have been packing and moving from office to office for years. One more step to toward simplicity.
- that while I was camping out in conference rooms I had an opportunity to chat with more people than I had all week!
- for the book I am currently reading. I highly recommend The Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda.
- for the Christmas lights on houses in my neighborhood. It’s such a pretty sight to come home to at the end of the day.
By the way, Amber has started a 31 Days of Gratitude group on Facebook where we can share thoughts and quotes so if you’re on FB check it out.
What are you grateful for today, in this very moment?
I am grateful for the sunshine I can see through my office window, for the quiet of the house and for joy I found here.