Sadly, I’m coming to the end of my week trying out life as a full-time writer; it has been a productive and interesting week here in the Woman Cave and I am nowhere near ready to jump back into Corporate America on Monday.
On Wednesday I shared with you a list of things I learned about the life of a stay-at-home writer and today I have a few more things to add to the list.
- There is a whole community of supportive writers on Facebook and Twitter and it’s great to be able to pop in for a couple of minutes throughout the day to see what’s happening with everyone.
- I’m still working on understanding Twitter but I was pleased to get a few new followers this week. (I am @lindahoye if you would like to trade follows.)
- I finally figured out how to get a Facebook and Twitter badge on my blog. (See the left side of this page.)
- Going out into the garden for just a few minutes throughout the day is a good way to refresh and revive oneself.
- I finally figured out how to get my contacts downloaded onto my iPad.
- My dogs bark way to0 much during the day.
I finished a review of Jessica Lost: A Story of Birth, Adoption & The Meaning of Motherhood for Story Circle Book Reviews this week. (I recommend it.)
I learned that I can obtain a copy of my Registration of Live Birth (aka my original birth certificate – the one with my birth parents names and the name I was born with on it). I just need to provide consent from a member of my birth mother and birth father’s family (since they are both deceased).
I started on a new little piece this yesterday; here’s the opening line:
As I turn onto the Highway 39 exit off of the Trans Canada Highway I hear a ghost from the back seat say “This is the road I spilled my milk on.”
What do you think? Does it make you want to hear more?
I love, love the opening line–and I definitely want to know more.
It sounds like you have had a very productive week and got a taste of what being a fulltime writer will be like. And yes, by all means, I want to know more from your opening line. I loved it!
Linda! I’ve been wondering about tha t- if I could get my original birth certificate if I had permission from my bio mom! I’m going to try again!
I love ghosts in back seats 🙂
Hello, I come to via another friends blog.. I am co~author of http://heartofthehome-blog.blogspot.com/ and I enjoyed browsing your blog and wanted to introduce ourselves.. Heart of the Home is a womens ministry reaching out to women with encouragement from Gods word and his design for women as wives, mothers, friends and etc.. Hope you will get a chance to stop by and visit us, and that we can become Blogging Buddies.. Have a great weekend.. God Bless
Good opener. Hope your hunt brings great things! Congrats on your writing time. I haven’t done the twitter or facebook yet….