We’ve enjoyed a great week that included a fun and fabulous visit from Gerry’s sister, Barb, and her husband, Laurie. Company means an opportunity to play tourist in the city where you live and we did that. We also just enjoyed spending time together laughing, enjoying good conversation, and playing a fun new game (Codenames. Have you tried it?).
Gerry’s not feeling up to par, so we’re having a slow day. I’m catching up on things in my office; have harvested and frozen green beans; and am pondering what to write about for a request I received to contribute something to InScribe’s Fellowship magazine.
I’m also thinking about a few things like:
- The smoke-filled sky. 🙁
- What else we need to get for the new puppy.
- Should I plant something else in the space where I pulled out the green bean plants this morning?
- Why have struggled with vertigo every day for the past couple of weeks?
- What am I going to do with the holes in the wall in the bathroom where the towel rod was until I knocked it down while trying to regain my balance?
- How excited I am about bringing home another Yorkie.
- What is chewing on my Swiss chard?
- The delightful sound of children playing outside.
- How much longer is it going to be until the part we’re waiting for to repair the kitchen tap arrives? (It’s some kind of fun not having running water in the kitchen—especially with company! Good thing they’re family. 🙂 )
- The dream I had last night and the people in it.
- Do we have enough leftovers in the fridge for supper?
- Are the hottest days of summer behind us?
- How I’m enjoying the book I’m currently reading.
- Should we go to Regina this week?
- Should I cancel Netflix?
- Do I need new glasses?
- Should I rally Gerry and see if he’s up for a drive?
- How distressing that human beings can be so cruel to one another.
- Where is AI going to lead us?
- The delicate balance between cynicism and optimism.
- How did that fly get in here? And why are there flies, anyway?
- The wisdom and challenges of walking by faith, not by sight.
- How rooted and content I feel living here in Moose Jaw.
- How I miss my monthly 90-minute floats in a sensory deprivation chamber.
- How quiet it is in the house. How not-so-quiet it will be in a few weeks.
- How I enjoy watching episodes of Call the Midwife.
- Tomato aspic (yuck).
- Uncle Bill’s homemade mustard (yum).
There’s more. There’s always more. The mind rarely quiets, does it? Well, unless I’m in a float tank. Did I mention how I miss my regular float appointments? 🙂